While primarily your average Google-powered web-search interface with a customized EarthLink look and feel, you might notice a few nifty features:
- "Shopping Results" at the bottom of the page, with up to 3 tabs showing you previews of items from Shopping.com, Amazon.com and eBay, if anything relevant was found from each site.
- If you have a my.earthlink.net account, and are signed-in, you'll see a handy "Save Search" link by the search box, and an "add to favorites" link next to each search result. You can get a free my.earthlink.net account here and you'll also get to have fun with the rest of us making free SIP phone calls
- It's crazy fast. I've used it while dialed-up to my earthlink account from a GSM phone (the dsl comes with 20 hours of free dial-up/month, handy when traveling). Analog dial-up over a mobile phone pretty-much guarantees you speeds below 14.4Kbps, imagine pre-1995 web surfing.
When I'm out to find the best deal on whichever doohickey i'm buying, there are a few resources I always check out while heavily leaning on tabbed browsing in Safari or Firefox:
- Advertisers on Google Sponsored Results. It's the one time I'll happily click on those!
- Shopping.com not only helps you narrow down your searches, but also compare specific item prices from multiple vendors, read vendor and product ratings powered by epinions.com. I like their stuff very much
- Amazon.com doesn't necessarily surface the absolute best deal, but has helpful suggestions, reviews, and gives me a good idea of "what things go for" beyond retail-land
- and of course eBay
- I sometimes head over to froogle
- If I'm shopping for computer components i'll always be sure to check out pricewatch.com. I just found out today about dealram.com which could have saved me $50 on those 2gigs i just bought from outpost.com which was already a good deal.
If you like this search and wish to always keep it at your fingertips, you might consider adding this favelet to your browser's favorites toolbar:
EarthLink Web Search