Thursday, September 16, 2004

Rudimentary TrackBack Bookmarklet (GeekStuff)

Since I've really been sucking at doing trackbacks lately, I figured I'd take 5 minutes to look-up the spec on the movabletype site and build myself a rudimentary bookmarklet:
TrackBack <-- drag this below your browser's URL bar
Usage:
  1. copy to your clipboard the TrackBack URL for the other person's blog entry
  2. go to the page for the blog entry you just wrote
  3. first prompt: paste what's in your clipboard
  4. second prompt: just hit return or edit the title for your blog entry
  5. third prompt: type an excerpt
  6. fourth prompt: verify the URL to your blog entry is correct
  7. fifth prompt: type your blog's title
  8. ...
  9. Profit?
Feel free to post suggestions, modified versions and/or more convenient alternatives to this quick hack.

On an unrelated note, I've still got a buttload of gmail invites to dish out. Just pick one-up here. A bunch were left out in the "70's" range. Please snag'em. Thanks. I've got a few dozens I'm waiting to add to the list.

No comments: