Friday, September 10, 2004

Motion-Triggered Sprinkler System

My house is small. It's also got a small backyard. Cats sure love it. They love to own it too, by repeatedly spraying it. Brandy and I were brainstorming about this tonight while walking back to my place from dinner. We then both started musing about how cool a "motion-triggered water sprinkler system" would be.

Back at home, we set ourselves to Google for such a technological marvel. Lo and behold, the first sponsored result pointed me to K&M Industries' web site.

We watched the videos and were sold right-away. We ordered two systems: While I would love nothing more than to see those little f*ckers getting wet, I'll be trying out the stealthier "Cat Stop" that yields an ultra sound. This should avoid aggravating the neighbors with a loud sprinkler that goes off in most dramatic ways. But Brandy will be trying out the "Scare Crow" in her much bigger yard, to prevent Simon from peeing all over the lawn.

I'll be standing-by with the PV-GS120 for some action shots.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope Brandy soaks those damn cats! I never liked em anyway (and I'm allergic, they don't like me either)

OakMonster said...

Neat-o! Our friend James has been battling next door neighbor's cat forever. Perhaps this would put the end to that nasty (and stinky) war...

Chris Holland said...

i took pictures of those little turds today. they're so cute. pains me to traumatize them. NAWT. HOO-HAH-HAH.

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!
This has got to be the greatest idea ever!
Gotta see pics ~
See, I knew comming here would pay off someday. Trying to get through all this tech talk kills me, but THIS makes it all worth it! - T.

Ernest Millan said...

Most of my neighbors in the backwoods of Glendora, CA resort to the use of dogs for anti-cat motion-trigger systems....

But yeah, Snooch, this is very cool... Personally, I'm not yet ready to care for a dog and the "Scarecrow" looks quite promising.

BOCK! BOCK!

Unknown said...

you know, replace the water with strong acid and.......

i'll guarantee cats will stay as far away from your place.